CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Family Day

Here are some pictures of family day. They kids had lots of fun. First they helped make pancakes for breakfast, for what is family day without pancakes? It's quickly becoming a tradition, very cute in a way, other times I wished my three year old wasn't so smart and wouldn't notice those little things. He knows on family day he can sleep in my room and that for breakfast there's pancakes. Some things are sacred... even to three-year olds.
For family day we drove to a National Park that is not so far.

They played in this little river for a long while, throwing rocks mainly,"exploring" and trying to cross it without getting wet, of course that didn't work!

We forgot to bring cups so this scoop worked wonders.
First they got their shoes wet in this little stream. I decided to take them off and roll up their pants; after that they got their pants wet so I figured I might as well take those off too, eventually they got everything wet, including the shirt. I should have known!.
In my son's own words: "Mom, we are walking in the water like Jesus". They rode home naked but they had fun ...that's what counts. The water was so coooooooold!!

Horse back riding. When it was time to get down ,Benji, didn't want to; I asked him if he wanted to go with the men and the horses to their house and he eagerly nodded ... a few steps in that direction ... he changed his mind... hum... I was starting to wonder if he would trade us for some horse's love. I was relieved he didn't!.

For lunch we had hot dogs, everyone had to cook their own which was a very smoky experience!. There is Alex cooking his hot dog on a stick.




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like the funnest Family Day ever!!! (But the kind where the parent comes home ready for W&R...)