CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 11, 2007

This and That





(Sorry about the dates, they are off, the pics are from yesterday at the park)

Cristal made it back home safely. The kids were starting to really miss her, after all no one can replace a mommy. She had a very eventful trip to Argentina to visit her folks for a month, a first in many years; we’re so happy it worked out.

The kids, with Christian’s help, made her a beautiful welcome sign.

She brought some little gifts for all the kids and everyone else too. So thoughtful!.

Alex is thrilled with his new spider man hat, which he’s been wearing all day and Benji feels like a real soccer player with his new shirt (blue and white of course!), he didn’t want to take it off to go to sleep. He’s a little vain for an almost two year old boy.

On a different note, who says women can’t be handywomen?

About two weeks ago I noticed the water in my sink was going down the drain slower then usual, so after taking a careful look at it I realized the kids had put or dropped a couple small things in the sink, one of them round and metal and almost covering the entire pipe hole. I tried to take it out but it was pretty stuck further down. I decided to ask one of the guys if he could take a look at it for me… since I wasn’t looking forward to getting underneath my little half a meter wide sink being eight months pg. Another week passed, and as you can guess these kinds of problems don’t get better by themselves, so today I was determined to do something about my very clogged sink, a mean, it can’t be that hard, if a guy can do it , I can do it. Where is a guy when you need him anyways?

I moved everything from underneath my sink in order to fit, which is no small task considering my size, and then unscrewed the pipes, I’ll spear you all the gooey slimy mess. I discovered the mystery of where my hair has been going!.

It took me a good hour of trying to get the little round peace of metal and two round pebbles that were stuck in there … I finally succeeded with the help of two screw drivers after a toothbrush handle , tweezers and paintbrush failed to do the trick. After I put it all back together I realized it was leaking a little bit, I was able to make it almost completely stop, nothing a bucket won’t temporarily fix. I guess we do need men after all, my hat out to all our handyman.

In the afternoon the kids and I tagged along with the shopping team that was going to Costco were we do some of out monthly shopping. The kids ended up getting our driver a little stressed out, they were so eager to “help” with everything, like putting things in the cart and they ended up just being in the way. Such a cute age!! For some reason they had a sample stand in each corner, which in my experience it’s usual for a Mexican store, but either way the kids went from stand to stand getting free samples of hotdogs, bacon, cheese, cookies, granola bars, yogurt, soy milk and juice. Neither of them ate much dinner. Go figure. I was just happy for no upset tummies in the car.

0 comments: