CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 1, 2007

Magical Balm of Prayer

The other day I was the passive observer of something that took place not too far from where I was. It was just a little thing, really, but it got me thinking.

A little girl was crying and crying uncontrollably; she had fallen down and just couldn’t seam to get past the hurt, a couple people that were around her tried to comfort her the best they could to no avail, nothing seamed to help the situation, and she just kept crying.

When I got home with the kids, that was still on my mind, and I realized what a powerful weapon prayer is.

When my little boys fall down and get hurt just praying with and for them for Jesus to make things alright seams to be a magical balm that calms them and comforts their little hearts. Just a little prayer and the crying is all over, they know Jesus is going to make it all better. That little incident made me thankful for prayer.

It also got me thinking how when we are older things work much the same. When life deals us a hard blow, or when we are hurting inside, when we fall down and can’t seam to get up again, and nothing and no one can help; there is still the magical, soothing balm of prayer. We can commit things to Jesus and know that He will make everything alright. He will comfort our hearts. How sad it must be to live without knowing this. I can’t imagine going through life without having that Someone that makes everything alright, without that hope and the peace of knowing that He is in control of my life, insignificant as it is. He cares.

3 comments:

Nathan said...

That's beautful. And it's so true.

Woozers said...

Yep. T'was beautiful and thought-provoking.

LY Ali! Praying for you and the babies. xox

Gabe Rucker said...

Ali, so true. When Adrian was little any time we prayed with him he would stop crying instantly.
You should send that in to the reflections.