CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 28, 2007

Favorites

The other night I could’t sleep, I laid in bed somehow not being able to shut the world off. I thought to myself, I might as well redeem the time so I grabbed my Bible and started reading my favorite Psalms and when I read all those I started reading my favorite chapters. One in particular always moves me when I read it; John 17. It’s a prayer, a prayer in which Jesus intercedes for his disciples and the monumental task that he was leaving them, He not only prays for his disciples but also for those who would be saved because of them, in other words, us. I think is so sweet Jesus would pray for us.

“I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine. While I was with them in the world I kept them in thy name… I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; that they all may be one…I in them, and thou in me…and that the world may know that thou hast loved them , as thou hast loved me.

Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am…that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them”.

0 comments: