CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 9, 2007

Rooster.

Our home schedule revolves around the kids, and since school is out, we’ve been enjoying some sleep ins, I say we, but by that, I really mean they.

I’ve been trying, but alas, no luck so far. I’ve been working on convincing my little ones that sleep is good… real good, it will make you big like daddy because when you sleep you segregate growth hormones. I’ve tried to motivate them with shiner prices, bribe them with videos and toys in the morning just for a few more minutes of precious sleep. None of it works for too long, I shall keep trying . They are convinced sleep is a total waste of time, they haven’t realized what a priceless commodity it is… yet, I shall succeed in my mission or at least will keep trying.

Benji, my personal clock, woke up this morning, bright and early at seven asking me to get him dress. I tried all my arguments; the sun isn’t up yet, mommy’s very tired, he looked at a book for a little quietly and I managed to keep him in bed a while longer with an occasional ssshhhh and a stern “Benji, lay down”.

Half in dream land and half awake a hear this odd noise:
“Cock-a-Doodle- Doo, Cock-a-Doodle- Doo” I turn over to face Benji sitting up on the bed looking at me with a big smile, he says: - See?....time to wake up!.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahhahaha thats sooo cute

mel

Anonymous said...

I know that story! My kids are also quite sure that sleep is the worst way to spend their time.
Sounds like Benji can be quite persuasive. So cute.

Anonymous said...

Smarty pants!

I recently read what I thought was a great idea for kids who wake up too early. To stop her 4 and 6 year old boys from getting up too early the mother made them a special clock that they could read. She colored the space between 5 and 7 o'clock red and the space between 7 and 9 o'clock green. Then she put star stickers on the hour hand and told her boys that it's time to get up when the hour hand is in the green section and time to stay in bed if the hour hand is in the red.