CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 19, 2008

A good year

I know that's the title of a movie but it just seam to suit the recent, collective thoughts of my mind.
I 've been doing a mental recap of this past year.
I find it a good exercise once in a while to take a look back , dust off memories, experiences or just remember how something made me feel, that is, after all what life is, our experiences and how we react to them.

This year:

I started a blog
met new great friends through this little insignificant page.
put a dent in our van
got my drivers license
was blessed with a beautiful baby girl.
got to know one outstanding person;
Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing.
Had to rush one of my kids to the emergency room for the first time, it felt awful.
bought one new pair of shoes.
got my green card.
went to a Retreat.
Was deeply moved by Jesus is Enough and Perfect Love
Felt & experienced in my life the power of positive praise.
Took a trip to the US.
Had our first, only us, family vacation in Ixtapa.
Crossed the States of Michoacan, Jalisco, Zacatecas, Durango and Chihuahua.
Taught about 900 hours of school.
Commemorated my 7th year of sharing my life with someone.
Celebrated my 4th wedding anniversary.


.
. and those are just a few things, I have so much to be thankful for.
Just yesterday I went personal witnessing to the Children's hospital and I realized how much I have to be thankful for, here I am , having a trial that my daughter's front tooth is coming in divided in two pieces , what is that compared to not knowing if your 3month old baby is gonna make it having already undergone six operations? It's nothing... looking at the bright side... it's her milk teeth.

2 comments:

Gabe Rucker said...

Seems like you had a great year. This next one will be better...I can feel it in my bones...LOL! LY Ali!

Nathan said...

I wish I had your gift with words. Looking at it on paper it brought back just how full our year was.
I also like the way you look at things through artist eyes.